Tuesday, May 18, 2010

evelyn glennie shows how to listen

In class mele showed us a relevant video to the project we our working in class these past few days. It was about a woman who's only goal is to teach the world to listen. This is what i thought.

  • what struck you?

What struck me was how shw could listen meanwhile being death. It really did struck me. for me i would think that is impposible. For a while when they told me bethevon was death. i thought to myself how could he of made does masterpieces. She said she didn't hear it from her ears she heard it from her hands, her arms. whe she was talking about feeling being one with the stick, she made it clearer.

  • What did you notice?

I liked how she started telling the story of her music classes and how one day the teacher told her to take her drum but to experiment it with no drum sticks. when she played it i noticed how cool it sounded. i noticed that you don't really need the sticks to play when she talked about when people were clapping and not experimenting with the floor or there knees. it made met= think she's right.

  • What did you enjoy about her performance, be specific?

I loved how she made the marimba sound like a organ i never knew that could happen. i thought to myself if it was possible to make the guitar sound like a violin. she has alot of creativity and passion for music and she shows it when she plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment