Thursday, May 13, 2010

farmers market

On may 13, 2010 i viseted a farmers market. there were a lot more interesting stuff then they were in the farmers market close to my house. I first interview a man that was selling fish. This is what he said:

what is your name and what do you sell?

My name is anthony and I sell fish, and ceviche.

Do you go fishing?

no.

where do you get this fish then?

I buy it from a company called world's famous fishmarket.

I continued to walk throughout the farmers market and i saw people selling fruits and eggs. this is what they said:

What is your name and what do you sell?

I sell organic fruits and eggs.

Where do you get the fruits and eggs?

I get them from a farm in fresno, where we grow them.

Why do u preffer selling here?

So I can communicate with the customer one on one.

I would never of thought a farmers market could have so many varieties of stuff. They had from east african food to food from india. what struck me about the framers market was the east african food. It struck my stomach of its unique taste yum, yum. I recommend it.
the most expensive thing i saw there was the indian food. It cost 3 dollars for a small triangle. dont recommend it.

7 comments:

  1. I liked how you didn't just interview one person but 2 because it interested you and wanted to know about them. What made me think was the first guy that sells fish and said he bought the fish from world's famous fish market so you don't really know how its better than buying it at a grocery store. If this person can sell something that he bought from other market than how do you know that other people don't do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Adriana. It was good that you interviewed more than one person because you got many different answers and got to see people from different perspectives. Your interviews made me think more about where the food comes from because when i interviewed people i didnt bother asking them where they got the produce from. But yeah it seems to me that you had fun on your visit and that you learned a lot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was cool how you interviewed multiple people and how you talked to a middle man at the farmer's market. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was interesting that you did interview two people. I thought that this gave us more indication of what the people at a farmers market might be like. I liked that you included the prepared food too. Not many people talked about that and I thouhght it was nice that you included that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was really interesting that you asked the venders where they got their food from because I had never thought to do this before and now I'm eager to ask at the markets that I go to. It was also cool to hear your perspective on the Farmer's market you went to. I liked hearing the different foods that stood out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was great that you and David went with eacother and What intristed me was that fish salesmen got his fish from somewhere else. BY the way, I love ceviche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you interviewed two diffrent people, I thought about doing it too but decited not to. Im interested that the man who was selling fish bought it from a company, and didnt fish for the fish that he was selling. I like how you noticed that they had diffrent foods from diffrent countries.

    ReplyDelete